Microsoft updated the Exchange 2003 Management Pack for System Center Operations Manager 2007.Brief Description
The Exchange 2003 Management Pack monitors Exchange 2003 deployments and monitors Exchange Server Back-end and Exchange Server Front-End systems (5000.11)
The Exchange 2003 Management Pack monitors the performance and availability of Exchange 2003 Server systems. It can also issue alerts for possible configuration problems Availability and performance monitoring is done using synthetic transactions. In addition, the Management Pack collects Event Log alerts and provides associated knowledge articles with additional user details, possible causes, and suggested resolutions. The Management Pack discovers and monitors the individual server components and functional areas on an Exchange 2003 Server. Update version addressing problems with empty alert parameter data in self-tuning threshold monitors, and discovery issues on Exchange 2003 running in a clustered setup. The library MP is unchanged from the initial release.
- Microsoft.Exchange.Server.Library.mp 6.0.5000.0
- Microsoft.Exchange.Server.2003.Discovery.mp 6.0.5000.11
- Microsoft.Exchange.Server.2003.Monitoring.mp 6.05000.11
Feature Bullet Summary: This management pack monitors Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 and includes monitors and rules to track performance, availability, and reliability of Exchange core components and functionality.
- MAPI, OWA, OMA, EAS synthetic logon transactions
- Mail flow synthetic transaction
- Mail Queue monitoring using Self-Tuning Thresholds
- Comprehensive performance metric collection
- 1000+ Event rules with associated knowledge
- Database status
- Database size
- Mailbox statistics
- Public folder statistics
- Message tracking log statistics
- Exchange and related OS Service monitoring
- Configuration monitoring
- Topology discovery of Exchange deployment
- Integration in Exchange Best Practice Analyzer and ExDiag tools
- Reports in the area of Configuration and Configuration changes, Availability, Performance
Management Pack Release History:
Initial Release 3/23/2007 Version 6.0.5000.0
Updated Release 6/25/2007 Version 6.0.5000.11
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2003 x64
- Other Software: System Center Operations Manager 2007, Exchange 2003 Server SP2, Windows Server 2000/2003 OS Management Pack
The Exchange 2003 MP requires the Exchange MP Configuration Wizard.
To download the wizard, go to http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=82103.