Winner in Exchange Backup & Recovery Category of Readers’ Choice Awards: Symantec Backup Exec for Windows Servers
May 26, 2010 – Symantec Backup Exec for Windows Servers was selected the winner in the Exchange Backup & Recovery Category of the MSExchange.org Readers’ Choice Awards. Acronis Recovery for Microsoft Exchange and CA ARCserve Backup were runner-up and second runner-up respectively.
|1st||Symantec Backup Exec for Windows Servers||45%|
|2nd||Acronis Recovery for Microsoft Exchange||16%|
|3rd||CA ARCserve Backup||9%|
|4th||Yosemite Server Backup||5%|
|5th||Backup for Workgroups||3%|
|6th||SonaSafe for Exchange Server||2%|
|7th||Handy Backup Server||0%|
Our Readers’ Choice Awards give visitors to our site the opportunity to vote for the products they view as the very best in their respective category,” said Sean Buttigieg, MSExchange.org manager. “MSExchange.org users are specialists in their field who encounter various solutions for Exchange Server at the workplace. Their vote serves as a solid peer-to-peer recommendation of the winning product.”
Regular polls are conducted to discover which product is preferred by Exchange administrators in a particular category of third party solutions for Microsoft Exchange Server. The awards draw a huge response per category and are based entirely on the visitors’ votes. MSExchange.org users can submit their votes for the current Readers' Award poll in the site’s left-hand bar.
If you’d like to know who the past Readers’ Choice winners were, please take a look at our Readers’ Choice Awards Yearly Roundup.
MSExchange.org Readers’ Choice Awards for 2010
Even more awards will be given out during 2010. Visitors to MSExchange.org have the opportunity to vote for their preferred Exchange Server products. Below is a list of the Readers’ Choice categories, the month that visitors can submit their votes, and the announced winners.
- Exchange Mobility & Wireless - January 2010 - BlackBerry Enterprise Server
- Outlook Addon - February 2010 - Exclaimer Signature Manager
- Exchange Anti Virus - March 2010 - Trend Micro ScanMail
- Exchange Backup & Recovery - April 2010 - Symantec Backup Exec for Windows Servers
- Exchange OWA Addons - May 2010 - Messageware OWA Suite 2009
- Exchange Anti-Spam - June 2010 - GFI MailEssentials for Exchange/SMTP
- Exchange Archiving - July 2010 - MessageSolution Enterprise Email Archive
- Exchange Hosting - August 2010 - AppRiver Exchange Hosting
- Exchange Fax Connectors - September 2010 - GFI FAXmaker for Exchange/SMTP
- Exchange Migration - October 2010 - Quest Migration Manager for Exchange
- Exchange Administration - November 2010 - U-BTech Exchange Tasks 2007
- Exchange Reporting - December 2010 - Mailscape
MSExchange.org (http://www.msexchange.org) is a Microsoft Exchange Server 2007/2003/2000 resource site. It is the leading Exchange site, attracting over 420,000 Exchange administrators and specialists a month. The site provides the latest Microsoft Exchange Server news, articles and tutorials by leading Exchange experts, message boards, software listings and product reviews.
MSExchange.org forms part of a group of sites run by TechGenix Ltd, including http://www.windowsnetworking.com - a comprehensive Windows Networking resource site; http://www.isaserver.org, a Microsoft ISA Server resource site; http://www.windowsecurity.com, a Windows security resource site; and http://www.virtualizationadmin.com, the essential Virtualization resource site for administrators.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.