Winner in Exchange Backup & Recovery Category of Readers' Choice Awards: Symantec Backup Exec for Windows Servers
May 25, 2011 - Symantec Backup Exec for Windows Servers was selected the winner in the Exchange Backup & Recovery Category of the MSExchange.org Readers' Choice Awards. Acronis Recovery for Microsoft Exchange and CA ARCserve Backup were runner-up and second runner-up respectively..
|1st||Symantec Backup Exec for Windows Servers||37%|
|2nd||Acronis Recovery for Microsoft Exchange||17%|
|3rd||CA ARCserve Backup||10%|
|4th||SnapManager for Microsoft Exchange||6%|
|5th||Replay for Exchange||5%|
|5th||Stellar Phoenix EDB Recovery Software||5%|
|6th||Backup for Workgroups||1%|
|6th||Handy Backup Server||1%|
"Our Readers' Choice Awards give visitors to our site the opportunity to vote for the products they view as the very best in their respective category" - said Sean Buttigieg, MSExchange.org manager. "MSExchange.org users are specialists in their field who encounter various solutions for Exchange Server at the workplace. Their vote serves as a solid peer-to-peer recommendation of the winning product."
Regular polls are conducted to discover which product is preferred by Exchange administrators in a particular category of third party solutions for Microsoft Exchange Server. The awards draw a huge response per category and are based entirely on the visitors' votes. MSExchange.org users can submit their votes for the current Readers' Award poll in the site's left-hand bar.
If you'd like to know who the past Readers' Choice winners were, please take a look at our Readers' Choice Awards Yearly Roundup.
MSExchange.org Readers' Choice Awards for 2011
Even more awards will be given out during 2011. Visitors to MSExchange.org have the opportunity to vote for their preferred Exchange Server products. Below is a list of the Readers’ Choice categories, the month that visitors can submit their votes, and the announced winners.
- Exchange Mobility & Wireless - January 2011 - BlackBerry Enterprise Server
- Outlook Addon - February 2011 - Exclaimer Signature Manager and CodeTwo Public Folders
- Exchange Anti Virus - March 2011 - Trend Micro ScanMail
- Exchange Backup & Recovery - April 2011 - Symantec Backup Exec for Windows Servers
- Exchange OWA Addons - May 2011 - Messageware OWA Suite
- Exchange Anti-Spam - June 2011 - Symantec Mail Security for Exchange
- Exchange Archiving - July 2011 - Metalogix Archive Manager
- Exchange Hosting - August 2011 - Intermedia Hosted Exchange 2010 and 2007 Server
- Exchange Fax Connectors - September 2011 - GFI FAXmaker for Exchange/SMTP
- Exchange Migration - October 2011 - Mimecast Migration Assist
- Exchange Administration - November 2011 - Exclaimer Auto Responder
- Exchange Reporting - December 2011 - ENow Mailscape
MSExchange.org (http://www.msexchange.org) is a Microsoft Exchange Server 2007/2003/2000 resource site. It is the leading Exchange site, attracting over 420,000 Exchange administrators and specialists a month. The site provides the latest Microsoft Exchange Server news, articles and tutorials by leading Exchange experts, message boards, software listings and product reviews.
MSExchange.org forms part of a group of sites run by TechGenix Ltd, including http://www.windowsnetworking.com - a comprehensive Windows Networking resource site; http://www.isaserver.org, a Microsoft ISA Server resource site; http://www.windowsecurity.com, a Windows security resource site; and http://www.virtualizationadmin.com, the essential Virtualization resource site for administrators.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.